Monday, February 18, 2019

Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog, 

We never know the day the path of our lives will change, or the moment everything but our life is taken away. For me, it happened on April 28, 2015. I had a zero-risk lacunar stroke. My children found me unconscious in the car at their bus stop. A helicopter carried me to the stroke center and that was where we discovered I had lost my words along with the movement on the right side of my body and the ability to transfer short term memory to long term memory while sleeping. 


Creative Writing became a way to re-learn what I lost. Writing became a way to remember what I lost when I slept. Scribbling words so I could remember saved me from despair at my disability, and led to new path, new friends, and a way to share my belief that when life knocks us down we face a choice; to be better or to be bitter. I chose to Be Better, Not Bitter.

Mama Magie Ward




No comments:

Post a Comment