Tuesday, April 27, 2021

April Overachieving: Camp NaNo, Kindle Vella, and KU/KDP

 


Hello lovelies, 

How was your April? I only have 1.4K left to reach my 30K for #CampNaNoWriMo, but it has been a struggle even worse than trying to do November WriMo with Covi-19. 
So here is Servant of the Sun rough draft on Inkitt because Accountability!

Servant of the Sun link



My usual "reach the goal-overdrive/finish the task obsessiveness" found me freaking out this month when my Indie House Pub put The Wild Anemone on the back burner (because Covi 19 is still a thing and people's families are still struggling with it and the after-effects)... until late summer.

Where was I? Oh yes, so I freaked out and spent the month in editing overdrive to just have books to publish; 

One on Vella which for some reason my brain won't let me count.  Sorry but I don’t have a link to Relic of Time and Prophecies, it is on the Beta Release of Kindle Vella. A serialized fiction app, like Radish, Royal Road, WebNovel, and Tapas. The way it works is one buys tokens ( like the other apps) and pays per 100 words. The cost per token depends on how many you buy at once and how you pay for it. The Author (me) gets half). Since my chapters usually run 2500 to 3000 words, that's 0.25 USD or less of course, depending on how many you buy at a time. The formula is a bit convoluted but here is a link to my friend Charlie's video explaining it and the math. 


Here is the cover icon art for Relic of Time and Prophecies. I think it's pretty but am sad that the platform only shows it in lower resolution.



And the second One in on Kindle, which went up last night.



Tarnished Stars is the first of the Pagosa Stars series. My struggling, alcoholic Sheriff Tank is one of my readers' favorite characters. I actually wrote his stories after Blue Butterflies and the original Anemones books. Proof that Side Characters can have as rich of a story as MCs. BB (in 2 books) and the rest of the Pagosa Stars will be joining it eventually. 

So here’s the link: 

Tarnished Stars on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KWSXZH6


IF I count them both, it means I am now 7/10 for #holdmycoffee2021 ten books in twelve months goal but my brain is refusing to recognize ROTP as really published, so 6/10... ARG!

Honestly, I will bake cake for someone for the rest of my life if they can dig my father's voice out of my head telling me I am a failure and underachiever. Seriously... I even have a grapefruit spoon you can use.

See you in May for the release of The Flame Burning Within and in June for Ghost With Ink.

 

Be Blessed and have a lovely day, 

No comments:

Post a Comment